Today's Update

Life's short, but it is never a steal..Make a run for it, make your life the most wonderful and beautiful it can be..You only have one life, don't you want it to be the best life ever?

A routine update today. Nothing special. So, just sit back and enjoy my post today because I'm gona enumerate what's been going on these past few days...

Start of the week began in a somewhat delicious way, literally. Coach Kai invited the 3 of us coaching assistants to this mysterious place he wouldn't unveil till the last minute. It was for lunch, and I think Kai deliberately skipped breakfast so he could enjoy his lunch. :p Oh well, I guess that's the way to go if you want to stuff food into a usually-empty stomach. haha..Kai's so amazing, in a way that he's able to live without food for days...I think he's a reincarnated camel, only that he doesn't have humps, and he needs water to survive :p

Anyway, the place's name is....I can't remember...Mac something. It was a Spanish name, dang. Can't recall...Anyway, it's a Seafood restaurant, and it's safely disguised and hidden behind some trees and buildings. It's a really secluded place I would say, so much so that one would not notice that place if no effort is placed into searching for it. The place is really nice--Sela said it looked like Anthony's, which is the restaurant the bunch of us went to in Bend, OR--but I beg to differ. Anthony's was much better in terms of interior design, the whole atmosphere, and food price too. Not that Anthony's is any cheaper, in fact it's much more expensive. Hahah..My "better" in this case would be defined as more pricey :p So, I just ordered a sandwich, called The Clearwater Club (fancy name) for lunch. It's the restaurant's recommended dish, so I thought it's worth a try. A worthy taste-test it was, because that meal was amazingly (= (inside joke) delightful. (I just used two of the words) hahaha....And Kai paid for all our meals. Yaiy! Free meal again! hahaha...If tobias's reading this, please don't take it the wrong way. Your meals are great too! hahaha..Feeding off him is my specialty :p

And that didn't conclude the 1st day though. It was another awesome event that occurred. Well, actually that event happened earlier on. Before the lunch as a matter of fact. I was awarded J.O.B!!!!!! (Correction: To those who thought that meant job, as in work, YOU'RE WRONG!!! IT'S J.O.B!!) That essentially means work-study, which is another form of scholarship for international students who are not qualified for federal aid. It's a rather peculiar form of aid though, because the government pays about 70% of the student's pay, whereas the college comes up with the other 30%. In other words, cheap labor! Therefore, colleges are often encouraged to employ student workers, because the government will pay these cheap laborers! hahah..That is just the qualification to work though, don't get me wrong. I still have to find my own job on-campus. Imagine that, I have to file an application to work on-campus, and then wait patiently for a few months to get the notification, and then I have to find my own job ON-CAMPUS! And that's IF I approved to work. Wow...That's a lot of restrictions to keep international students from working. Obviously someone's afraid we, international students, are here to earn money to take over Wall Street. Pshh...

Nonetheless, here's another great news!!! I did my due diligence, and found work with Mike Johnson. He's the person-in-charge for fitness center and all those crap. Er, I mean sport-related activities. Haha..So next week, 28th and 29th, I'll be working as linesman for a volleyball game. Can't wait!!! And money money money, here I come!!!!

Oh, and investments too.. I've been working overtime to look at my investments. I think I'm taking too much risks. After this month, I'm gona do a financial overhaul. Have to pull out my funds. Dang it. Scary....

That's all for now!!!! Anyone interested in investments, and a quick way to make a few extra bucks, please leave a comment. Or email me at showmethemoney23@gmail.com. thanks!!!

0 thoughtful notes:

Post a Comment

Box4Thoughts

Number of "Heads" Arrived