An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctors....Er....Around You?

Life's short, but it is never a steal..Make a run for it, make your life the most wonderful and beautiful it can be..You only have one life, don't you want it to be the best life ever?

Few days ago, I bought this 1 whole bag of Fiji apples from Costco. Wow, those apples looked like the most delicious, mouth-watering blood-red apples I've ever seen. The sparkle, the unblemished layer of peel covering the apples convinced me into paying $7 for them. In Malaysia, those apples would cost probably around $4 I guess, given the current exchange rate. Nonetheless, I skipped home happily, knowing my tastebuds will be utmostly satisfied with my purchase.

Well, at least that's what I thought. Who knew what surprise was in store for me......


Holding the bag, I quickly rushed into Kai's house because I couldn't wait to grab an apple and stuff it into my mouth. I haven't tasted the sweetness, and juicy-ness of the fruit for quite some time. Last time I ate was probably during one of those tennis trips where we had to stay in hotels and more often than not, the complimentary breakfast includes fruits. Well, as far as a taste "master" that I am can tell, those fruits are nowhere near edible status. It'll be a surprise if those tasteless spherical objects the hotel prepared could even pass a freshness test. That's why I was so excited when I spent 7$ to get 14 apples. Pretty good price, no? Anyway, I got through all the hassle of unlocking the back door, of opening the door, and then of closing the door..It's time to eat apples!!!! =DD

Luck is a very unpredictable thing, because you never know what, how, where, and when things could turn around and bite you in the butt. Luck Sucks. Luck, is just what you blame on when you can't achieve what you want.

In this case, it was bad luck for me. The apple I grabbed tasted horrible-- I could taste the chemical commercial farmers use on apples to keep them fresh and shiny-looking. For your information, that chemical is called wax. I swiftly ran downstairs, logged onto my laptop, and google-d the effects of wax, and how to remove wax from apples.

I came across this cool website, which I can't recall the name :P, that, despite all the tutorials on how to remove wax and how to check whether there's wax on the apple, essentially calls out to all consumers to be aware of what's more important - the environment or an apple. This is a very, very interesting topic, because the writier wrote (paraphrased) people these days are so concerned with minute details, such as wax on an apple, when they're ignoring the bigger environmental problems that are abound which could haunt them later in life and of which could end with fatal ramifications, ie: air pollution, thinning of ozone, green house effect etc. Worth a read, if you can find it.. :p

Nonetheless, I saw how they peeled off the coated wax on the apple, and figured I'd try that out for myself.


Behold, the Pictures of Truth!!!!!!



That's wax :D








So, your advice of the day: Eat oranges :D

Au revoir!!!

0 thoughtful notes:

Post a Comment

Box4Thoughts

Number of "Heads" Arrived