Vacation City: Sandpoint







Life's short, but it is never a steal..Make a run for it, make your life the most wonderful and beautiful it can be..You only have one life, don't you want it to be the best life ever?


Last week, on a Tuesday that is, I had the chance to travel to Sandpoint, a resort town up north in Idaho, sitting near the border of US-Canada. We, which means me, Sela, Marina, and Kai of course, were invited as the guest coaches. The tennis association was organizing a tennis summer camp, a 5-day camp as a matter of fact, and they thought we would be able to give a few tips there. So we accepted the invitation, and we left Lewiston at about 4pm on Tuesday. The trip took about 4-5 hours, as we took a quick break at Coeur d'alene.. i don't really know how to spell it, but it's pronounced "Kor-de-laine". We had Smoothies~~~~~ Yaiy!

Here's the catch: As we went into the smoothies place, I looked around and noticed they had this commercial banners that write "Voted Best Pizza in Idaho". Hmmm...That came as a surprise because I've never heard of that place before. Oh well, on to the smoothies. I looked up and glanced through the menu.

1st impression: WOW! The smoothies had skyhigh calories in them! There was this smoothie--called Chocolate Cow, and it had 600++ calories! I have to make a confession here: this was the 1st time I've ever looked at the calorific value of the food I consume. Quite a pleasant change, I would think, because some certain people (you know who you are) have complaint that I'm getting chunkier, and fatter, and uglier, and horizontally developed...etc...Ok, I made up the most of those expressions, but you get my point. So I've decided to work out really hard to sweat off all those extra pounds on my body. At this point of writing, I've lost 10lbs. Nice eh? hehe..

(Anyway, before I digress, taking a huge detour around how much I've worked and all, let's get back to the story. Haha...)

So, after the smoothie-session, we hit the road and drove for a good 3 hours or so before we reached Sandpoint.

Kai, knowingly suggested that we go for dinner 1st, before we head on to our next destination: Jane's place. yaiy! Food time~ So we went to a Thai Restaurant called Bangkok Cuisine, which is just a stone's throwaway from the tennis court we'll be teaching at the next day.

Here are some pics from the dinner. For the record, I ordered Gai Rama, which proved to be amazingly impeccable look-wise and taste-wise. Kai ordered something, which I don't know the name, I think it was Gang Curry, and Marina ordered Pad See Ew, while Sela, as usual, ordered her favorite Nasi Goreng aka Fried Rice.
*I want to cut and paste the pictures here! But I don't know what went wrong, and now the pics are stucked up there..sigh..

Ok, this post is about the trip only! I'll post more on the coaching and way back later..hehhe..Dinner time for me now!

0 thoughtful notes:

Post a Comment

Box4Thoughts

Number of "Heads" Arrived