The Day My Friend Escaped Death

Life's short, but it is never a steal..Make a run for it, make your life the most wonderful and beautiful it can be..You only have one life, don't you want it to be the best life ever?

Today, as of July 17th, I solemnly announce: I have almost committed an unforgivable sin, of bringing an end to an innocent person's life. Note the word almost. So that means I haven't yet. Phew.....

Anyway, here's how everything went down:

As usual, Tobias and I hit the gym in the afternoon, and then we decided I'll go his house after that to get my dose of protein in. The stuffs are in his house anyway, so might as well, we thought. I was really exhausted after the workout, and I sort of sprained my left thumb accidentally. Long story short, I was feeling at the end of my tether, and being a competitive person he is, and has always been, Tobias wanted to wrestle with me. I guess that's a means to manifest superiority and masculinity? At least it seems so to him because he challenges me to these fights all the time.

Today, things just didn't went as smoothly.

He pinned me down most of the time, I couldn't move a finger, and struggled to stay afloat actually. Hopefully he's not reading this cuz this is gonna boost his confidence. Hahah..Oh well, for the sake of "real-life reporting", I'll write it anyway: today was a one-sided fight. Although things did turn around, for worse, in the end. I couldn't get him on a good grip on previous, if I might say futile, attempts; so when I finally got a nice hold on his neck, I gulped a breath of air, and squeezed as hard as I could. "Give up!" I called out to him, in a triumphant tone because I knew he would have a hard time getting out of a well-executed lock, albeit an amateur-executed one at that, that I had on him. A 5-second struggle was all it took, before he stumbled to his knees, and I noticed things were going south.

He was fainting.

I quickly released him, and he just fell on his back. He was gasping for air, like a fish out on dry land, pressing his lungs hard to gather as much air as possible. I swear it looked so surreal I thought he would die. Right in front of me. That was a very awful feeling.

Luckily though, he woke up after another 5 seconds, seemingly in a confused, befuddled state. His stare was as blank as a piece of white paper, and he looked as if he had just awoken from a long sleep. He told me he felt as if he had a dream, a long dream, and he was back at home with his parents and sister..."What am I doing here?" were the words he uttered when he first opened his eyes..

Whether Death was being benevolent for a change, or he slipped under the Death's nose, it was indeed a lucky escape-he was traversing on a line that delienates the alive and dead, and lady luck was with him today.

What a relief, cuz otherwise I would have to carry and bury his body. Phew....

0 thoughtful notes:

Post a Comment

Box4Thoughts

Number of "Heads" Arrived